A man in China has died after an eel that was inserted into his rectum ate through his intestines, causing internal bleeding. The Guanabee article reads:
The 59 year-old chef–whose name has not been disclosed– was taken to a Sischuan hospital with severe anal bleeding, abdominal pain. Local doctors, unable to figure out what was causing the symptoms obtained permission from the family to conduct a laparotomy– a surgical incision into the abdominal wall done to examine the abdominal organs.
Once inside, the doctors found a 50cm long, dead Asian swamp eel stuck in the man’s rectal region. The slithery fish had bit it’s way through the intestine. The man was then taken to the intensive care unit, but died ten days later from internal bleeding and sepsis.
But how did the eel end up in the man’s anus? According to reports, the chef had consumed copious amounts of eel the day before, but doctors couldn’t figure out how a live eel ended up in his rectum. Eventually, his friends confessed to have inserted the live eel up his anus as a joke after the man passed out from drinking heavily.
I mean, I’ve heard of some crazy practical jokes, but this is by FAR the least acceptable of them all. When your drunk friend passes out, you take a permanent marker and draw a penis on his face. You don’t stick a live, flesh-eating eel up his butt.
China continues to impress me with its general absurdity and awesomeness.